Follow my journey as a Students Live reporter through the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games and beyond!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Close Game

Well that was unexpected! Korea beating Sweden in a hockey game? I find it hard to believe, but I witnessed it with my own eyes.

It was a really good game, and very evenly matched which was not expected. The crowd was even too, about 50/50 cheering for Korea and Sweden. Whenever a chant started "Lets go Sweden" it was always morphed to "Lets go Korea". Personally I didn't really care who won this game, but by the end of the game I was cheering for Sweden just because they were down and we were hoping to see overtime and possibly even a shootout.

The last few minutes were so intense, both teams were fighting until the very buzzer. In the last thirty seconds Sweden had so many chances, and were so close to putting one in, including one post! We were saying how it could have ended like the Olympic gold medal game, with a goal in the last 20 seconds. Even with all those chances, and 6 men on the ice, and a pulled goalie, Sweden just couldn't quite shove it in; this was in no means due to a lack of effort. Too bad, I would have liked to see all that effort being payed off. But you know, I wasn't all that upset with the final score, just shocked. Korea? Anyways, a great spectators game that's for sure!

Canada plays in the Semi's tomorrow, that's all that matters. I'd say the official road to gold begins tomorrow. GO CANADA!

No comments:

Post a Comment